If we’ve heard it once, we’ve heard it a thousand times. As adulthood approaches we hear, “my back is starting to hurt because I’m getting older.” Or, “my knee is getting arthritis in it because I’m aging.” Well, if that were the case, everyone’s back would become painful as they aged and both knees would become arthritic, not just one! We know this is not the case, so get over it! We can’t blame our age for our health problems. Our bodies were born to be healthy throughout our life – it’s what we do to our bodies over our lifetime that gets us into trouble.
Adulthood is probably the most stressful stage in our life cycle; stress causes many health problems – chiropractic can help your body deal with stress better.
Chiropractic care is essential for adulthood. Chiropractic has been proven to be effective in helping the body deal with back pain1, neck pain2, headaches3,4, arthritis, fatigue6, fibromyalgia7, sleep disorders8, and digestive health.9 The best way to see if chiropractic can help you is to give it a try! It’s never too late to benefit from chiropractic!
Who uses chiropractic as part of their wellness strategy?
Here are a few: Tiger Woods, Evander Holyfield, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson, Madonna, Lance Armstrong, Cher, Gary Roberts, and almost all NFL, NHL, and NBA teams; this is what Dan O’Brian (champion decathlete) had to say about chiropractic:
“You obviously can’t compete at your fullest if you’re not in alignment. And your body can’t heal if your back is not in alignment. It was the holistic idea that I liked about chiropractic and that is what track and field is about.”
Family Wellness References:
- Chronic spinal pain – a randomized clinical trial comparing medication, acupuncture and spinal manipulation. Giles LGF, Muller R. Spine 2003;28:1490-1503.
- Manipulation and mobilization of the cervical spine. Hurwitz EL, Aker PD et al. Spine, 1996;21(15):1746-1760
- A randomized controlled trial of chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy for migraine. Tuchin PJ, Pollard H, Bonello R. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics Feb. 2000:23(2), PP.91-5.
- The effect of spinal manipulation in the treatment of cervicogenic headache. Nilsson N, Christensen HW, Hartvigsen J. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, 1997; 20:326-330.
- Effective treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome. Case studies of 70 patients. Farinelli, EJ, Proceedings of the 1989 International Conference on Spinal Manipulation. March 31-April 1, 1989.
- The effectiveness of chiropractic management of fibromyalgia patients: a pilot study. Blunt KL, Rajwani MH, and Guerriero RC. J Manipulative Physiological Therapy; 1997: 20(6):389-99.
- Cervical angles in sleep apnea patients: a retrospective study. Dobson GJ, Blanks RHI, Boone WR, McCoy HG, J Vertebral Subluxation Research 3(1), Mar, 1999. p. 9-23.
- Osteophytes of the spine compressing the sympathetic trunk and splanchnic nerves in the thorax. Nathan H. Spine, 1987;12:527-532.